CHRONICLE OF RAFF + GRUND GMBH
1920 – 1950 Construction of wash boilers and washing machines as well as vessels and receptacles made of copper and related metals.
1946 Brother-in-law Ing. Walter Grund joins the company and it is renamed Raff + Grund.
1950 – 1970 Construction of stainless steel dyeing apparatus with Europe-wide agencies.
1956 Company moves to Freiberg a.N. and new building with approx. 680m² production building area.
1950 – 1980 One focus is the construction of milk and drinks tanks as well as tubular pasteurisers for the food industry.
1964 Following the sudden death of A. Raff, she is succeeded by her son Günter Raff and the son of W. Grund, Dieter Grund, both qualified engineers (Dipl.-Ing. FH), as the managing shareholders.
1965 Construction of a new production building for vessel construction with an area of approx. 400m².
1965 – 1990 Construction of process tanks for the semiconductor industry is a focal area of the work of Raff + Grund.
1969 Construction of new 3-storey office and residential building with approx. 350m² space.
1970 – present Welded components such as hoppers, tanks, containers and vessels for packaging machine manufacturers used in the food industry is an important market for Raff + Grund.
1980 – present Pressure vessels and sterile containers, plants and hoppers for the pharmaceuticals industry as well as pharmaceutical packaging machine manufacturers is a further focal product area of Raff + Grund.
1986 Construction of a new building for parts production and incoming goods with area of approx. 360m².
1991 Building extended with approx. 230m² for sheet metal cutting department with automatic sheet metal high-bay racking and demolition of the tin plating shop, replaced with a building for the grinding shop with approx. 160m² space for 5 additional jobs.
2001 Dipl.-Ing. Tilman Raff, the son of G. Raff and Holger Stängle, the son-in-law of D. Grund, succeed as managing directors.
2004 100-year anniversary of Raff + Grund.
Construction of a larger extension with approx. 620m² including relocating and enlarging the pickling shop and construction of a new 4-storey office building with approx. 480m² floor space.
2008 Certification of Raff + Grund to EN ISO 9001 and EN ISO 14000.
2009 Handover of shares by G. Raff to his son Tilman Raff and by D. Grund to his daughter Meike Stängle, wife of managing director Holger Stängle.
2010 Successful re-certification of Raff + Grund to EN ISO 9001:2008 and EN ISO 14001:2004.